Whether you're an avid gamer or you're completely new to the world of online eSports betting, you've come to the right place. We have all the information you need on how to bet on your favorite competitive video game tournaments right here. You may not know it, but there are plenty of legal, regulated eSports betting sites to choose from around the world and we help you choose which one is right for you.
The rise in popularity of eSports in 2018 and more and more online sportsbooks adding eSports betting sites means that punters now have even more choice. There are better odds, bonuses, promotions, and markets available across all sportsbooks and our experts are constantly testing them out to ensure that we list only the best eSports betting sites here. We cover all the betting markets including the most popular games and tournaments, so whether you're looking for a Dota 2 Betting site, or CS:GO match betting, we can point you in the right direction. We have information on exclusive sign up bonuses, in-depth reviews, and more, so be sure to check back regularly.
Esports Games and Competitions to Bet On
The best eSports betting sites will offer bets on the most popular international eSports competitions running all year round. This includes outright winner bets, futures, exotic bets, and more. A lot of the markets only open up closer to the event though. The betting sites we recommend have excellent markets and odds as well as live streaming of the matches played in the following leagues and tournaments. We have also listed the eSports games beside them.
- Call of Duty Championship - Call of Duty
- Electronic Sports League (ESL) - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Rocket League
- E-Sports Entertainment Association League (ESEA) - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- EVO - Street Fighter V, Tekken 7
- GFinity - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rocket League, Street Fighter V
- Intel Extreme Masters - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, StarCraft II
- League of Legends Championship Series (LCS) - LoL
- League of Legends Masters Series (LMS) - LoL
- LoL Secondary Pro League - LoL
- Neo Star League - Warcraft
- The International - Dota 2
- Smite World Championships - Smite
- Starcraft II: World Championships Series - StarCraft II
- World Cyber Arena - Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
A lot of eSports betting sites have also started expanding their eSports games selection and tournaments too and some of the smaller tournaments are now available for betting including:
- Microsoft's Halo World Championship - Halo 5
- Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch World Cup and Overwatch League - Overwatch
- LAN-based Tournament from BigFile - Overwatch
- LAN-based Tournament from DreamHack - multiple games
- Twitch Channel Pro Rivarly League - Rocket League
Live Betting on eSports
One of the best ways to bet on eSports is live betting. Of course, you need to wait for the tournament to start but you will find that there is a huge range of markets on a Dota 2 betting site. Live betting is a great way for those familiar with video games to make money because they'll be able to spot a change in momentum or another tell they are familiar with and then they can place their bets to ensure they win.
Live eSports betting is also very entertaining and it can add another element to watching streams online. It can also allow for hedging of bets as you can bet on each set in a best of 3 or 5 contest. There are better odds too and you can bet on things like the next kill and so much more. Live betting provides more opportunities than simple CS:GO match betting.
Finding Top eSports Betting Sites
There are new sites popping up all the time and our aim here is to provide you with the information you need to choose one that is right for you. Our experts look at all the different aspects including bonuses and promotions, number of betting options, number of tournaments covered, eSports games available, mobile betting, banking options, customer support, and more. We make sure that everything is regulated and legal and that users will find all the best features. Be sure to read our reviews so you can find the best Dota 2 betting sites. Below are the things we look at.
- Bonuses and Promotions: We look at the sign-up bonus and the wagering requirements to make sure they are fair and worth claiming. We also look at the promotions that are available for returning customers too. We read all the terms and conditions and ensure that this site offers value for your money.
- Games/Tournaments Available: We check to make sure that all the big eSports tournaments are included and that the odds are competitive. We check to see the number of markets available too and that all the popular games like Dota 2, LoL, CS:Go, StarCraft II, etc., are included. We also take note of the sites that have betting options for smaller tournaments and other games such as FIFA league and more.
- Customer Support: This is very important and we check to make sure that support is available when and how you need it. We look for 24/7 support via live chat, email, and toll-free phone. We also check to see if there is a FAQs section on the site or betting guides to help you out.
- Banking Options: Being able to add and withdraw money from your betting account with ease is another element of a good eSports betting site. We look at the list of deposit and withdrawal methods and make sure that all the popular methods are available including debit and credit cards, e-wallets such as Neteller and Skrill, bank transfer, and even Bitcoin. We check to see if there are any fees and how long withdrawals take.
- Mobile Betting: More and more people are betting using their mobile devices so we make sure that all the eSports betting sites we recommend are fully optimized for mobile betting and/or that they have a dedicated betting app. We test the site on all devices including iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets. If there are special mobile betting bonuses we mention these too.
- Live Betting: Live betting is really popular and offers a better and more exciting option to eSports betting. With live betting, the odds and markets change as the game is played and if you are a fan of video games you can use this to your advantage to win even more. Live betting and live streaming are something we look for in all the sites we review and it is becoming a required feature in today's sports betting world.